Healthy facts about pork you probably don't know
People pick pork for a number of reasons - and increasingly, for the health benefits it provides.
Pork cuts such as fillet and lion medallions are low in saturated fat. But that's not all.
Take a look at the facts below to find out how eating pork contributes to good health and well-being.
- Pork is naturally rich in protein which helps the growth of muscles and supports the maintenance of both muscles and bones
- Protein is needed for normal growth and development of children’s bones
- Pork is a source of four essential vitamins and minerals that help the immune system to work normally
- Pork provides zinc, which contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
- Pork is rich in essential vitamins and minerals that support mental function and help reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Want to know more about pork and nutrition?
Head over to our LovePork website to explore recipe collections, how-to information and further advice on pork and healthy eating.