Six reasons why beef is good for you
There are plenty of benefits to eating beef. It tastes great and is a versatile choice in the kitchen - but not everyone realises just how important it is for a healthy, balanced diet.
Take a look at the list below for six reasons why beef should stay on the shopping list.
- Beef is naturally rich in protein*, which helps muscle growth and supports muscle mass
- Beef provides iron and four essential vitamins - niacin, riboflavin, vitamins B6 and B12 - which help reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Beef provides eight essential vitamins and minerals that support good health and well-being
- Beef is a rich source of zinc, which supports normal hair, nails and skin
- Zinc also supports normal cognitive function, fertility and reproduction and also contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood
- Beef is a source of iron which helps the immune system to work
*Consumer Focused Health Claims for Beef, AHDB – February 2016, page 2
Do you want to know more about beef and nutrition?
There's so much more to discover on our Simply Beef & Lamb website. Head over there for both simple and show-stopping recipes, how-to guides, top tips and tasty cooking techniques.