Love Lamb Week 2023
Celebrating UK lamb
Love Lamb Week (LLW) took place 1–7 September 2023. Once again shining a light on the sustainability of UK sheep production while also reminding consumers of the exceptional taste and quality that UK lamb brings to the dinner table.
Love Lamb Week is supported by AHDB, Hybu Cig Cymru (Meat Promotion Wales), Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) and LMC in Northern Ireland, as well as the National Sheep Association (NSA), NFU, NFU Scotland, the Ulster Farmers’ Union and Red Tractor.
Love Lamb Week 2023 results
- Instore and online activity across eight retailers, including over 300,000 onpack stickers
- Over 50 pieces coverage, including in Farmers Guardian, Farming Life, Meat Management
- Over 3.7 million people reached through social media advertising
- Full page adverts in the i newspaper and Countryside magazine
- Shepherds and their Pies influencer campaign on social media with Julius Roberts, Milly Fyfe, Karl Franklin and Rebecca Wilson.
- Marketing materials available for levy payers and butchers, including 35 farmgate banners and children's activity sheets
This year we challenged three foodie sheep famers - Julius Roberts, Karl Franklin and Milly Fyfe - to share their favourite shepherd's pie recipe using naturally delicious lamb.
See Julius' Ultimate Shepherd's Pie video, which has organically totalled over 468,000 views and 24,000 likes so far.
These farmer videos along with lamb focused sustainability videos were included in our social media advertising campaign for Love Lamb Week which reached over 3.7 million people on Facebook and Instagram.
Continuing your support
Order your free marketing collateral here
Promote lamb on your farm, in your shop or with your meat box orders all year round. Items vary throughout the year and can include recipe leaflets, posters, farmgate banners, children's activity sheets and stickers (free of charge, limited availability).
- Stay up to date and join in the online conversations by following the Love Lamb social channels on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Tag the Love Lamb accounts in your posts, whether you're sharing video updates on the daily work you do on farm, highlighting the sustainable messages of UK lamb production or posting photos of tasty lamb dinners. By tagging the Love Lamb accounts in your posts, they'll be able to see and comment
- Don't forget to follow our AHDB accounts on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with regular beef and lamb news
- Use these graphics below on your social media accounts. Right-click on each image to save to your device
Use the Love Lamb Week Twibbon
If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, we would love to see you using the LLW Twibbon next year. A Twibbon is a small image overlayed over your profile image to show your support of a campaign. It's easy to upload and is a simple way to support LLW. You can find details here on how to upload the LLW Twibbon to your profile.
Find out more about Love Lamb Week
Read our blogs
AHDB's Denise Spencer-Walker talks about LLW and enjoying this favourite on a budget.
Want to know how you can help celebrate and spread awareness for Love Lamb Week this year? Read our blog to see 5 ways you can show support!