GB Calf Week
The GB Dairy Calf Strategy, a cross-industry campaign spearheaded by AHDB and the NFU, aims to ensure that all dairy-bred calves are reared with care and for a purpose – as part of either the dairy or beef supply chains.
To celebrate the progress that has been made by the industry since the launch of the GB Dairy Calf Strategy in 2020, our Great British Calf Weeks in 2022 and 2023 offered a series of exciting events on a range of topics. You can listen to or read about all of these below.
Dairy calf health
- Dairy calf health and management with AHDB Strategic Dairy Farm host, Gareth Owen
- Developing the rumen for optimum calf health
- Launch of SRUC's video 'Wisconsin (WI) scoring system for calves'
- Healthy calves and healthy profit with Dr Robert Hyde and dairy farmers Anna and John Booth of Rhual Dairy
- Colostrum Is Gold
Dairy calf housing
Dairy calf management and rearing
- Latest on dairy-bred calf research with SRUC
- Developing calf rearing for the future with Buitelaar
- The hows and whys of Breeding, Management and Planning - the context of Red Tractor Standards
- Culmination of the 2022 GB Calf Week
- Calf marketing and rearing options directory – NFUonline
- Calf Signals with NWF Agriculture NWF Agriculture
Dairy-beef breeding and genetics
- Achieving profit from low grading potential calves with farmers Graham Parkes
- Dairy-beef genetics: maximising the value of your beef calves with AHDB
- Beef genetics that add value to the whole supply chain with Genus ABS
- Adding value from the straw forward with LIC
- Understanding genetic tools to maximise calf value with AHDB