Strategic Farm Gloucestershire – How profitable are my livestock?
Join AHDB Beef & Lamb at a Strategic Farm meeting, hosted by David Barton at The Plough Inn. The focus for this event will be on assessing the profitability of your livestock enterprise and understanding the skills needed to evaluate your business.
As part of the strategic farm project, David has been working to assess business performance and cost of production. This event will give you an insight into the tools the business is using but also provide you with practical advice on how to start understanding the costs of your own business.
Topics will include:
- How the strategic farm has understood business finances
- Where to start when understanding your cost of production
- Measuring technical performance
- What KPI’s should I be using?
- Number of calves reared
- Weaning weights
- Feed usage
- Tools on offer to help including Farmbench and the Brexit Impact Calculator
- Understanding the numbers across all of the strategic farms
It will also be a great opportunity to hear and discuss the changes that David has made to his business over the last year and capture anything that you may be able to apply to your own business.
To book a place on this event, please contact us via email: email@example.com or telephone: 024 7647 8663