Strategic Farm business event - Shropshire
I would like to invite you to our second Strategic Farm event, hosted by Neil Brown, one of our five new Strategic Farmers. The 2019 Strategic Farms Programme mainly focuses on sheep enterprises, however there is also a suckler enterprise at New House Farm.
The event will be a chance to get an update on progress at New House Farm, delve deeper into the business and look at factors affecting the financial performance. We also aim to answer a key question posed by Neil at the start of the project – whether it’s more profitable to continue to finish his own beef cattle or if he’d be better off selling stores and keeping more cows.
- Introduction to the Strategic Farm Programme – Emma Steele, AHDB
- Overview of New House Farm – Neil Brown, Strategic Farmer and Emma Steele
- A question of beef: more cows vs stores – Neil Brown and David Lyth, beef consultant
- Impacts on the bottom line – David Lyth
- Do you need that tractor – what’s the cost of underutilised farm machinery?
- Let’s think about forage – financial benefits of improving forage quality
- What’s below the surface – the importance of knowing your soil
- Group discussion – questioning routines
- Take aways from the day – what can I do to improve my business? Who should I get advice from? Should I start recording data and what should I look at?
- Light lunch to finish
The next event will focus on Neil’s grassland management and will take place at New House Farm in May.
To book your place email KE.email@example.com or call 01904 771218 and let us know of any special dietary requirements.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771218