Strategic Farm business event - Northumberland
With the average cost of keeping a ewe estimated to be £100 per year and worm resistance increasing to worrying levels, it’s more important than ever that we utilise the technology available to us to add benefit to our businesses. Targeting worm treatments will also play a part in ensuring your business is working towards a profitable and productive sheep flock.
Join AHDB and vet Lee-Anne Oliver from Scott Mitchell Associates, for this discussion group which focuses on the information we can gather using EID technology to benefit your business. We will look at what information can be obtained and why it's valuable, from scanning ewes to determine litter size to recording lamb weights. We’ll also debate the advantages of gathering key data during the year. Lee-Anne will also talk about current best practice advice regarding worm control of ewes pre-lambing.
- Introduction to the Strategic Farm programme
- Update from South Farm, Northumberland’s Beef & Lamb Strategic Farm
- A practical guide to identifying the benefits of EID technology on farm – what information can we gather that is most useful for your business?
- Worm control best practice in ewe pre-lambing and understanding resistance
- Growing a productive sheep flock and learnings from the day
- Hot lunch provided
Please let us know how you heard about this event and of any special dietary requirements. Attendees must be over 16 years of age.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771218