Responsible antibiotic use on beef farm: Wiltshire
Join AHDB Beef & Lamb and Gethin Roberts from George Vet Group for this meeting to discuss ways of reducing antibiotic use in your beef enterprise, while optimising herd health. The UK livestock industry has made good progress at reducing antibiotic use over the last few years and it is important we continue to look at longer term options to reduce the usage further across all sectors.
We will identify the areas of ‘high use’ of antibiotics in different production systems and discuss the role that overall herd management factors such as nutrition and vaccination has in reducing the risk of disease. There will be an explanation of high priority critically important antibiotics (HP-CIAs) and the restrictions of their use, as well as an opportunity for questions and discussion throughout the meeting.
12:00pm Arrival for a light lunch
Gethin Roberts, George Vet Group
- Why is antibiotic use getting so much attention?
- Understanding the need to focus on responsible use of antibiotics in beef systems
- Have a better understanding of the high use areas for antibiotics in beef systems and what can be done to reduce use. This will include an interactive session utilising a case study farm
- Practical tips on how to use antibiotics more responsibly on your farm
- What are High Priority Critically important antibiotics (HP-CIA), why are they important and when should they be used
- Interactive discussion on practical ways to reduce antibiotic use, without impacting herd performance
To book your FREE place ring the AHDB Beef & Lamb events Hub on 01904 771212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking is essential. If you have any special dietary requirements please contact us as soon as possible.