Six healthy reasons to keep eating lamb
We all know lamb tastes great - but did you know it's good for you, too?
Naturally rich in protein and nutrients, there are plenty of benefits to eating lamb as part of a balanced diet.
Here are just some of the reasons why lamb should feature on your shopping list.
- Lamb is naturally rich in protein*, which helps muscle growth and supports muscle mass
- Protein is also needed for normal growth and development of children’s bones
- Lamb naturally contains seven vitamins and minerals that support good health and wellbeing
- Lamb provides four essential vitamins that help reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Lamb is a source of four essential vitamins and minerals that help the immune system to work normally
- Lamb provides five essential vitamins and minerals that support normal mental function.
*Consumer Focused Health Claims for Lamb, AHDB – February 2016, page 2
Do you want to know more about lamb and healthy eating?
Discover more on our Simply Beef & Lamb website. You will find recipes for both easy meals and extravagant dishes, how-to advice, top tips and more.