Hale Village Monitor Farm
About Hale Village Monitor Farm
- Monitor Farm from June 2019
- Cereals, oilseeds and potatoes
- 417 ha
Bill Webb farms with his son at Manor Farm in Hale Village, on the Mersey estuary. They grow potatoes, spring barley, winter barley, oilseed rape and wheat at the 417 ha farm, on a range of light to medium-heavy land. All but the barley is sold to customers within 20 miles of the farm – localism and strong links with the supply chain are key philosophies of the business. Ryegrass is the primary weed challenge at Manor Farm. Bill wants to keep learning and improving his farm, as well as bringing more locally-relevant research and knowledge to the North West.
For more information, or if you would like to be included on the email invite list for future events contact Michelle Nuttall (AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds Knowledge Exchange Manager North West & Northern Ireland) on Michelle.Nuttall@ahdb.org.uk or 07778 143404.
- Webinar: North West and Northern Ireland Monitor Farm summer meeting: 25 June 2020 (YouTube)
- Home saved seed: 5 March 2020 (report, pdf)
- Machinery review: 6 February 2020 (report, pdf)
- IPM and rye-grass conrol: 16 January 2020 (report, pdf)
- How to get an extra £30K: 12 December 2019 (report, pdf)
- Benchmarking soils and businesses: 7 November 2019 (report, pdf)
- Summer Farm Walk - Monitor Farm launch: 20 June 2019 (report, pdf)