Careers: Why work for AHDB?
We are passionate about supporting the industry and helping farmers and growers to succeed. We are equally passionate about our people.
We aim to understand our employees as well as we understand industry, to innovate and change together in order to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
So, whether you’re an analyst, research student, experienced professional or have grown up with farming in your blood, we need people who are passionate about driving change and bringing people together to innovate.
Can you help inspire our farmers to improve their businesses and compete with the best in the world?
Together we will unearth all our strengths.
Retaining our employees is vitally important to us here at AHDB. Here are just a few things we offer to attract and retain the right people.
- An extensive benefits package including 33 days annual leave plus one privilege day (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- A single private medical health scheme and life assurance cover
- A market-leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Applause Awards – every three months we celebrate employees who embrace our values; the core moral principles that are at the heart of everything we do
- Ambitious in Agriculture Awards – annual awards announced at staff conference in December
- Perkbox membership – this gives you a huge number of online discounts and savings.
Here at AHDB, you'll find we are committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. This applies to both our workforce and the practices we follow.
We are proud to have earned the Disability Confident Employer badge as we have adopted a proactive approach to employing and retaining a diverse workforce.
The symbol supports us to make it clear to all who identify with a protected characteristic that, as an employer, we value their contribution and will treat them fairly.
Join us at AHDB and you won't only be informed about performance targets or the issues that affect you day-to-day.
We have a proactive approach to internal communications, which includes:
- Regular CEO briefings
- Bi-annual conferences
- The monthly Muddy Boots newsletter
- Staff intranet pages
- Monthly coffee and cake mornings... and much more!
While we develop potential for the industry, we’ll develop your potential, too. We place strong emphasis on developing our talent.
We use Performance and Development Reviews (PDRs) and regular 1:1s to identify training requirements and potential successors for every middle and senior management role.
We also have an exciting online Learning Academy, where employees have access to tutorials and certificate programmes at the click of a button.
Be one of our people
Browse our latest job vacancies by clicking the link below.