Contents tagged with Fertiliser News

19 April 2024

Despite climbing beef prices over the past few years, cattle farmers have had to battle huge inflation in key input costs.

25 March 2024

The UK is estimated to produce approximately 40% of its nitrogen fertiliser requirement, while the remaining 60% is relied upon from imports (AIC).

22 March 2024

After a wet autumn and winter, and concern surrounding spring seed availability, the UK planting campaign has and continues to see significant challenges. As such, the market is positioning to expect a tighter domestic wheat supply into the new season (harvest 2024), with a growing premium for the UK feed wheat futures new crop (Nov-24) contract over the old crop (May-24) contract.

12 March 2024

We take a look at the relationship between the milk price and the costs of key inputs, fertiliser and feed

21 December 2023

Nitrogen fertiliser prices continue to be relatively stable following the latest GB fertiliser prices, released this week.

6 November 2023

Fertiliser prices have seen little change from the last fertiliser update, though remain historically high for this point in the season.

20 September 2023

Nitrogen fertiliser prices in GB rose in August 2023, as natural gas prices firmed.

15 August 2023

Spot prices for nitrogen fertiliser rose in July, according to the latest GB fertiliser prices from AHDB.

9 June 2023

Spot prices for UK produced Ammonium Nitrate (AN) averaged £390/t in May, down 11.2% from April, according to latest AHDB data.

18 May 2023

Spot prices for UK produced Ammonium Nitrate (AN) averaged £439/t in April, down 5% from March, according to latest AHDB data.

18 April 2023

In March, UK produced ammonium nitrate (AN) (34.5% N) for spot delivery averaged £465/t, according to the latest AHDB GB fertiliser prices. March’s average is down £166/t on the month and £374/t lower than levels recorded in March 2022. That said, the latest price remains £181/t higher than levels recorded in in March 2021 – pre-war times.

10 March 2023

UK natural gas prices have continued to fall over the last couple of months. Despite the current cold spell, front month UK natural gas futures closed at 109.59p /therm yesterday, down 21.94p/ therm from the same point in February, and down 263.99p/therm on the year.