Milk Your Moments
With the onset of Coronavirus, the dairy industry came together to find a new home for millions of litres of milk due to the closure of the nation’s foodservice outlets.
Working in partnership with Dairy UK, Defra, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland Governments, we created a campaign to encourage people to consumer more milk in their home by inspiring moments of connection, and highlighting the role fresh milk and dairy can play during these difficult times.
The campaign achieved:
- 1% return (11.2M litres) on retail sales uplift attributable to campaign – equally spread over England, Scotland and Wales
- Retail return of £13.99 on fresh milk for £1 media spend
- 212,000 buyers purchased liquid milk who would not have purchased it otherwise
- £6.6M incremental sales of fresh milk delivered by the campaign
- GB production capacity was not breached (i.e. very little on farm milk disposal)
- Liquid milk sales as a whole rose 9.1% over campaign period
- 2 in 3 of the target audience claimed a positive behaviour change with more milk and dairy in their diets
The £1 million UK-wide Milk Your Moments advertising campaign ran for 12 weeks from mid-May across national TV advertising, social media and seen on billboards outside supermarkets. Processors helped to bring major retailers on-board and drove additional engagement on social media through dairy brands and industry organisations getting involved.
A dedicated website was created, where visitors were served dairy-led suggestions of how to stay connected with friends and family. Partnering with mental health charities, Mind, SAMH and Inspire, the campaign donated £1 for every ‘inspirational moment of connection’ a visitor created, and raised £100k.
Listen to this podcast to hear how the campaign came about and delivered great results for the industry.