Elveden Farms - West Suffolk (former SPot East host)
About Elveden Farms - West Suffolk (former SPot East host)
- Residual and contact herbicides
- Variety and PCN (Pallida) resistance and tolerance
- Trap cropping options
- Black Dot, nitrogen and defoliation
Elveden Farms hosted Strategic Potato (SPot) East from 2016-19. Following completion of the programme in January 2019, Elveden remains part of AHDB's Farm Excellence network, hosting further research and trials.
The business specialises in vegetable production, particularly potatoes, carrots, onions and parsnips.
Elveden grows approximately 12,000 hectares of potatoes including processing, pre-pack and the farm's own variety of home branded salad potatoes.
SPot East results
Click the links below to view reports and presentations from the SPot results days held over the three year programme.
SPot East Results Day 2019
- Event report
- PCN Results 2018 presentation
- Graham Tomalin - Herbicides results 2018 presentation
- Mark Stalham - Nitrogen and Black Dot results 2018 presentation
- Mark Stalham - Three years of Nitrogen presentation
SPot East Results Day 2018
- Presentation slides from SPot East Results Day, includes:
- Herbicides - Graham Tomalin, VCS Ltd
- Common Scab - Mark Stalham. NIAB CUF
- Runoff ( A partnership project involving: AHDB Cranfield University, McCain, Broadland Catchment Partnership, Norfolk rivers Trust, The rivers Trust, CamEO, Coca cola, WWF, Topsoil Interrreg and NIAB CUF). Ed Branham Jones and Jo Niziolomski, Cranfield University - Norfolk Rivers Trust
- Nitrogen and Irrigation - Marc Allison, NIAB CUF
- Tuber Numbers, Graham Tomalin, VCS Ltd