Strategic Potato Farm North Open Day
AM and PM sessions avaiable. AM session = 9am - 2pm PM session = 12.30pm - 5pm
During lunch there will be trade stands and an opportunity to catch-up with local growers and businesses.
Both sessions include lunch, which runs from 12.30 until 2pm - either side of lunch there will be two and a half hour tour of the trials and demonstrations for the 2019/20 season.
The day will include discussions on the benefits of using organic matter on soil and the work being carried out on desiccation at Eastoft Grange Farm.
Adrian Cunnington from AHDB's Sutton Bridge Crop Storage Research and Mike Sharpe of Welvent will take attendees on a tour of the stores.
Adrian will also supply an update on the future of storage following the loss of CIPC, with tips on how the AHDB can offer help.
Trials and demonstrations this year:
- Residual herbicides trial (fully replicated trial
- Irrigation methods – taking into account financial and marketable yield (demonstration)
- Organic matter (demonstration)
- Desiccation – ag. chem and mechanical (two fully replicated trials)
- Dormancy (fully replicated trial)