Potatoes: Is your kit killing your soil?
Join us for the second webinar which is part of a series looking at soil health, aimed specifically at the potato industry. If you’ve missed the first webinar, you can re-watch it here.
This series of webinars is part of the Great Soils Programme. Our primary aim is to raise awareness of the importance of soil health amongst potato growers and encourage new ways of looking at soils.
This webinar will cover:
- Soil resilience and recovery in a potatoes rotation - Blair McKenzie (University of Dundee)
- Reducing the risk of compaction using Terranimo UK - Blair McKenzie (University of Dundee), Mathieu Lamande (Aarhus University)
- Practical application of Terranimo UK - Harry Henderson
- Soil health scorecard (developing a plan for monitoring) - Elizabeth Stockdale (NIAB) and grower/agronomist
- Blair McKenzie – Honorary Research Fellow, University of Dundee
- Mathieu Lamande - Senior Researcher, Aarhus University
- Harry Henderson - Knowledge Exchange Technical Manager, AHDB
- Elizabeth Stockdale – Head of Farming Systems Research, NIAB
We are committed to raising awareness about soil health and its importance as well as sharing evidence-based best practice which can be used as part of an integrated programme designed specifically for potato growers.
We believe that by continued monitoring and collation of data in fields used for potatoes as part of a rotation, growers can achieve better soil quality, structure, resilience and overall profitability.