Potato Soil Health – Why Bother?
Online event only
Soil health has a major impact on productivity and economic performance.
This winter we are running our Potato Soil Health Campaign - part of Great Soils Programme. The goal of this campaign is to encourage potato growers to reconsider their current practice when it comes to soil health. New ideas and ways of approaching the emerging new legislative guidelines, will have a huge impact on traditional management practices and ultimately the financial health of a business.
We are committed to raising awareness about soil health and its importance as well as sharing evidence-based best practice which can be used as part of an integrated programme designed specifically for potato growers.
We believe that by continued monitoring and collation of data in fields used for potatoes as part of a rotation, growers can achieve better soil quality, structure, resilience and overall profitability.
This webinar will cover:
- The impact of ELMS: What will potato growers have to do to comply?
- Long term benefits of including organic matter
- Regenerative Agriculture - an alternative approach to productivity and improving the environmental impacts of potato growing in the 21st century
- Antonia Walker Host – AHDB Senior Knowledge Transfer Manager
- Jon Foot – AHDB Head of Environment & Resource Management
- Andy Whitmore - Soils And Agricultural Systems Modeller, Rothamsted Research
- James Bramley - Farm Manager of M H Poskitts
- Harry Henderson - Knowledge Exchange Technical Manager
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771218