Labour productivity workshops - Cambridgeshire
Strategic SmartHort Centre Workshops: Volmary Ltd
Join us for the first ever Strategic SmartHort Centre workshops, designed to give you practical tools to help boost labour productivity in your business.
Three workshops will run over a 12 month period, and will give you the tools, techniques and knowledge to improve your labour productivity by 25-40%.
• Get the knowledge to implement real change in your business
• Hands-on learning with real practical examples
• Network with other growers to learn from their experiences
Volmary Ltd, plant propagators, will kindly host three workshops over the next 12 months. Fedden USP will lead the training.
The workshops will cover:
• Process mapping and waste identification
• Practical problem solving using a technique called Plan, Do, Check, Act
• How to encourage continuous improvement across the whole organisation
• Visual management boards and metrics to check improvements have worked
Full agenda: Download
Who is the event suitable for?
Whether you employ two people or 200, we believe these events will make a big difference in your business.
Cabbages, cucumbers or cut flowers, the workshops have been designed to ensure every horticulture business can benefit from the underlying principles of labour improvements.
We recommend the owner and frontline supervisor from the business will be best placed benefit from the programme.
Places are limited to two people per business.
Dates and locations
Workshop 1: 23 & 24 July
Workshop 2: 11 September
Workshop 3: 15 January
Accommodation won't be provided, but recommendations can be made if required.
Workshops will also be held at our other Strategic SmartHort Centres; Haygrove, Herefordshire and Thomas Thompson, Perthshire. Dates to be announced.
If you have any questions about the Centres, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to our podcast with Francis Mizuro, Operations Manager from Volmary, Neil Fedden, Fedden USP and Grace Emeny, AHDB explaining more about the programme and what to expect from the events: