Hereford Monitor Farm Summer Farm Walk
You are invited to join us on a farm walk at the Hereford Monitor Farm summer meeting hosted by Rob Beaumont.
We look forward to welcoming you on-farm for a look at the cropping for harvest 2022. We’ll also cover other key topics including soil health, agronomy, carbon, crop establishment and nutrition strategies.
This meeting is free to attend, but please register using the 'Book Now' button. BASIS and NRoSO points will also be available for attending this meeting.
What will this meeting cover?
Rob Beaumont runs his family farm and contracting business with his Father Paul.
During the farm walk, we will be looking at the current crops as well as discussing:
- Soil health – how has Rob approached soil health improvement with his business.
- Agronomy – review and compare against Rob’s agronomy strategy for 2022 by taking a look at his crops first hand!
- Soil management for autumn crop establishment – a look at the different cultivation methods, comparing how they have impacted on earthworms, soil structure, health and crop performance
- Blended varieties – can growing a blend of wheat varieties have benefits for the bottom line of your farm business? How does Rob’s crop of blended varieties compare against other wheats on the farm?
- Carbon calculators – have you completed one yet? Hear the findings from Rob’s carbon review and discuss the best next steps for the farm to reduce emissions
- Break crops – see the break crops on farm this year including beans and oilseed. What are the prospects for OSR for Harvest 2022?
The event is free to attend, but please register to allow us to cater for you accordingly. If weather permits there will be a field walk so, please bring suitable footwear & clothing.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.