Millions of Consumers Encouraged to Stay Home and Pull Pork
In April, as a result of excess of shoulder joints - partly due to the closure of foodservice outlets, which usually account for 14% of all pork volume sales in the UK - AHDB launched a pulled pork campaign to encourage families to stay home and pull pork.
The six-week £100,000 campaign, spanned in-store and online promotion and secured print advertising across 11 national titles. The consumer website, lovepork.co.uk, acted as the hub of information and included recipes, videos and helpful tips for pork fans looking to create the perfect pulled pork at home.
The campaign achieved:
- Securing national print advertising in 11 national titles, reaching 9.4 million consumers
- Social media advertising delivered nearly 12 million impressions
- Collaboration with five major retailers, who supported the campaign with on-pack stickers and online support
- Securing Chef Tom Kerridge, who cooked pulled pork for his 148,000 followers, generating 4,000 engagements (e.g. comments, likes, saves). 20% of those who commented showed intent to try cooking pulled pork for themselves
- Engaging six well-respected chefs to demonstrate how easy pulled pork was to make at home to their +20,000 social following
- An impressive engagement rate on Instagram that was double the industry benchmark at 6.1% - demonstrating the content was what consumers were hungry for
- The creation of a digital assets pack for industry to utilise, which was downloaded over 50 times
To keep up-to-date with the consumer campaigns, please follow the social media channels:
For more information, visit the campaign page here.