GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: April 2020
- In April 2020, GB animal feed production(1) was up 3.7% for pigs and 1.3% for poultry. It was relatively unchanged for cattle and calves (+0.3%) and down 2.2% for sheep compared with April 2019.
- 1% more barley and 7.2% more wheat was used to produce GB animal feed(1) in April 2020 compared to the same period in 2019.
- Season to date (Jul-Apr), GB animal feed production(1) was up 5.8% for pigs, 3.2% for poultry, but down 5.6% for cattle and calves and 6.3% for sheep compared with season earlier levels.
- From July 2019 to April 2020 barley usage in GB animal feed production(1) was up 22.7%, while wheat was up 2.0% compared with the same period in 2018/19.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July to April 2020 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at email@example.com